Delo d.d.3 years 1 months
Delo d.d. Is Slovenia’s biggest media and news publishing company with over seventy years in the business, employing over a thousand people and covering over 50% of the Slovenian media market. Its brands include both online news websites as well as printed newspapers and magazines such as Delo, Slovenske novice, Vikend, Delo in Dom, Polet, Pogledi...
- Redesign of Delo.si.
- Redesign of Slovenskenovice.si using Drupal for the framework.
- Developed the ‘Delo one’ account, a single sign-on (SSO) authentication process that allows a user to access all of their websites (Delo.si, Slovenskenovice.si, Ddom.si, ...) with one set of login credentials.
- Improved Delo.si (companies main website) load time by 30% with simple database and code optimization.
- I've integrated all companies web applications with the caching system that decreased page load time drastically (more than 50%).
- Setting up HA architecture (MySQL, Varnish, Apache, Solr, Memcached).
- Implemented a book-like webview of the digitalized newspaper archive.
Full Stack EngineerOct 10 - Oct 133 years 1 months
- In charge of implementing crucial parts of projects.
- Define work standards (documentation, source control, deployment plans).
- Teach colleagues about Drupal.
- Develop standalone Django-based web services.
- Make sure projects are delivered to schedule.
- Develop an Integration between newspapers and digital news.
- Interview candidates and evaluate their technical knowledge.
- Organize team building events.